Giving credit where credit is due - I stole this from Eternal Sunshine who stole it from someone else who, I don't know, may have actually made it themselves... or maybe they stole it too...
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year because resolutions are meant to be broken - but I resolved (in a self-evaluating moment not associated with New Years) last year to lose weight and I did.... I lost 30 and have gained 10 back for Christmas... This year I similarly resolve in a mental ceremony having nothing to do with the date on the calendar to continue my weight loss journey toward losing another 70 (probably will take more than a year - and I'm okay with that).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?A long time friend from 8th grade (whom I'd lost touch with in recent years) had her first this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?Eternal mentioned our uncle M in her post... it's still doesn't seem like he's gone.
5. What countries did you visit?
In 2008 - or ever? - in 2008- I may have gone a few places in my mind... but that's it.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I have everything I need. oooh... I'd like more willpower where food is concerned!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
September 11, 2008 is the date my husband, Copper, started his new career as a police officer.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 30 pounds...
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining 10 pounds...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Do paper cuts and pimples count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
two things -Garnier Nutritionist Nutri-Pure microbead cream scrub (oil free) and Skin Renew daily regenerating moisture lotion (w SPF 15) (for the money the best I've found - and I'm a picky "mary kay" user)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tater-tot potty trained this year... at last!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
So many politicians, so many financial 'experts.'
14. Where did most of your money go?
chicken nuggets and apple juice - seriously though, mortgage and car are the two biggest ticket items.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I seriously enjoyed the 2008 Bejing Olympics.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
I don't listen to 'new' music... so I really can't answer this one.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing with Tater-tot, moving, loving...
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining... being lazy...
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I already spent it... and I mean SPENT (LOL)
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I'm in so deep I can't see the surface... but that didn't happen in '08... it's been ongoing since 2001.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
Ummm... I have one night stand on each side of the bed...
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Chuck, NCIS, Eli Stone, Monk, Psych.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
As we tell Tater-tot "Hate is an ugly word that we don't use in this house."
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon - If you haven't read her Mitford series of books you MUST go to your local library and check them out!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My son's skills on the recorder may have had a chance to revolutionize the industry but alas the recorder is broken... and so quickly after getting it in his Christmas Stocking...
28. What did you want and get?
A new job/career happiness for Copper
29. What did you want and not get?
I actuallyapplied for a promotion and work and didn't get it... I think its for the best but it still stung...
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
The only new movie I saw this year that actually came out this year was Sex and the City... but I seriously dug Transformers, and Knocked Up, both of which I saw for the first time during 2008.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32 - (not question - 32 - I was 32 years old.) Copper made homemade Zuppa Toscana (If you've eaten at Olive Garden you know what it is!) It's a creamy soup with potato, Italian sausage and kale. He found the recipe on the Internet and made it for me... and we had Italian salad and bread sticks too.
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My 2008 was awesome!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Incredible Shrinking Woman... baggy because I've lost weight is IN...
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
"Fancy?" whoever made this questionnaire must be British...
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics in general were stirring this year...
37. Who did you miss?
Copper - during each and every shift.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
"Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient you only start to worry.
Remember, remember that God has patience too
And think of all the times when others have to wait on you."
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
See 39... ha ha... Seriously. Copper graduated the police academy in August 2007 and didn't get that first job offer for over a year (result of living in a really small town just a little too far away from everyone that's hiring!). So patience, and trust in God's timing and plan were big lessons this year...
Happy New Year everyone! Let's make 2009 remarkable!