Monday, October 26, 2009

I got a rock...

It's that time of year bloggie friends.... time to set your DVRs or if you are lucky, get out your personal copy of It's the Great Pumkin Charlie Brown on DVD and start watching it...

Halloween - one of my very favorite times of year!

Coincedently - I ALWAYS look for any excuse to dress up and vote in favor of dressing up at work any time there is democracy in action...

Ask Copper what he's going to be for Halloween and his answer is.... "A Grownup" I think he's really dressed as a Party Pooper!

This year I'm stepping out of the mainstream and letting my inner geek out of the closet... I'm going to be Hermione from Harry Potter... The only things I can think of more geeky than this are Princess Leia, or Frodo... (if you know of others please share and make me feel cooler!)

My costume is gonna be truly legen...... (wait for it)...... dary! I certainly don't believe in buying premade costumes (see this post from last Halloween for that soap box).

I actually did buy premade for my son this year... for the life of me - if I could have sewn a cool muscle chest batman myself I would have! What a piece of flimsy crap!

My costume consists of items from my own closet, items from goodwill, a homemade from scratch house robe with lined hood, a handmade and decorated magic want and two small store bought costume accessories.

Stay tuned for photos, friends!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Can't wait to see the pics! :-)