Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've been charged with listing 7 interesting/weird/random facts about myself. Tagged by Eternal Sunshine

I'm tagging these 7: Merrie Melody, Betty at Keeper of the Skies Wife, Connie at Tales from the Fridge, Dawnmski at Yes This is How My Mind Works, Lisa at Diapers to Dating, Qweenie at Qweenie's Court and Holly at Anglophilefootballfanatic who just had a birthday and is a friend of Eternal Sunshine's (I may not get everyone's comments letting them know they are tagged in until monday - as we speak the family is descending for the first of several holiday celebrations)

Here are the rules:

• Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules in your post.

• Share seven random/weird facts about yourself.

• Tag seven random people and link to their blogs.

• Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.
SO.... HERE WE GO...


1. I've traveled to 5 different countries on 3 continents. I've been to England and France (Europe), South Africa and Tanzania (Africa), and Canada (North America). Oddly - I live in Texas and have never been to Mexico.
This is a mountain top view of Iringa, Tanzania... not how you'd expect Africa to look, huh?



2. I have played multiple musical instruments including flute, oboe, percussion, piano, and guitar. (Truly a "jack of all trades-master of none).

3. I married my cousin... and my sister... no, really... I'm a licensed minister and officiated both of their ceremonies...


4. My husband (and I, by default) collect Looney Tunes memorabilia and collectibles. A handpainted Daffy Duck figurine taken from the "Alibaba Bunny" episode is considered a sound investment in our future in this house (given the state of things today - more people may be trying out this retirement plan)

5. I picked my major in college by determining what I could pick and still get done in 4 years without having to take any more math or science classes than I'd already taken...

6. I worked for 2 summers as "wrangler" at a summer camp... that's right... I taught riding lessons and lead trail rides and shoveled poop and the whole shebang. Truly a Texas cowgirl.

7. I love Cherry Sours... love doesn't do it justice... I must have them... I get emotional when the bag is at half empty and I must face the fact that I will soon run out... I shop all the stores in town to make sure I know who has the best brands and prices... not all Cherry Sours are created equal.


Bonus weird fact: I'm related by blood to Eternal! And she's the one that started me blogging. Which means that, yes - I grew up eating bananas and fritos (seriously, people, don't knock it until you've tried it) and Lucky and Dumplin' and Chicken Surprise... Of course we didn't REALLY have a rabbit named Lucky - if we had - it wouldn't have really been funny - just sick and twisted... (If you are confused by this - read HER 7 FACTS.)

4 comments:

Eternal Sunshine said...

I'm debating whether I should remind you that we did indeed have a rabbit named Lucky. He was a black & white (Dutch?) rabbit that was the "patriarch" of our rabbit family(ies).

Oops, guess I just did.

When did you start beleiving that we weren't sick and twisted??
sucker.

Jewels said...

Woot! I was untagged! Thank you so very much.

By the way, I loved your randomness.

Eternal Sunshine said...

I've given you an award - Hop on over to my blog to get it!!

Unknown said...

wow how cool that you and Mel are related...I never would have known had i not seen she gave you the award so I clicked on over and wow 7 random facts...cool very cool
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season