Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am in the wrong line of work!

I recently inquired about hiring an 'inspirational speaker' for a brief talk at a civic dinner... he normally charges $5000. Yes, that's FIVE-THOUSAND DOLLARS for his speaking engagements but because we are small organization not too far from his hometown he is willing to do it for the bargain basement price of $1500. Yes that's FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. My committee was balking at a Mariachi band that charged $300 an hour so I'm thinking we can't afford this guy... and to be fair - this is his total livelihood and he is wonderful... I've known of him for years and he is truly a great speaker... I guess what keeps him from being Chris Farley and "living in a van down by the river" is that he can command such a large fee for his services...

I think I'm pretty clever (don't you just love my modesty!?!?) - and I don't get nervous speaking in front of crowds... I think I've found my new calling! I could really make some good money (even charging less than half what he does!) So far all you've heard from me is sarcasm - but I can do inspirational... really I can!

To book me for future civic events in your area - send me an email!!!

2 comments:

Eternal Sunshine said...

I could use some inspiration, but I'm not paying you $2500 for it... lol

Lisa said...

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see some shmuck making booko bucks for doing something so well, menial LOL

I think I need to start sending out the resume