Thursday, November 20, 2008

When the sun is in your eyes...

Blue 'Diego' sunglasses are in style...

Copper graduates to Phase 3 of Field Training today. He's with his third and final field training officer (FTO). After this he'll have his first FTO back as a "ghost rider" (No, not a silly Nicholas Cage movie).
A Ghost Rider wears plain clothes and just observes, doesn't interfere or back up. Well, I guess the ghost would be armed so he could back up someone in a life or death situation (I hope!)
Anyway - at the very end of all of this I think the Chief of Police will ghost ride with him for a day (kind of like a Final Exam) and then they'll turn him loose...
His 2nd FTO and he were a good pair and Copper learned a lot from him, including some colorful new slang I'd never heard before...
(In my best Forest Gump voice I say, 'they was like peas and carrots').
I'm so super proud of him. He's already doing a great job! Tater-tot still doesn't really understand what Daddy does...
He drives as fast as he wants to... (all of the time, according to Tater-tot)
He helps people who crash their cars...
He takes bad-guys to jail...
Okay - so he's got two out of three right...

2 comments:

dawnmski said...

Aww...Kids know how to get to the important details! And congrats to the hubby!

Eternal Sunshine said...

It's so awesome that he's getting to do this... I'm sure he's loving it, and we really are so proud of him.

Tater-tot is too funny.

I always thought they got to drive as fast as they want all the time, too! LOL